Wednesday 18 July 2012

Introducing: Sound of Guns




First and foremost, let me be the first to say I think this is an awful band name. Now that that's past us, let's talk music. It's hard to put a genre on this band. The bands debut, Angels and Enemies, covers everything from brit pop to rock to indie. When I first heard the new single, "Sometimes", I got a vibe of Cold War Kids mixed with instrumentation of The Midway State. Upon further listen to their most popular tune of date, "Antarctica", I got a strange recall of early The Killers, Glasvegas and Doves. With such a wide reach and a gaining support from the likes of radio1 & friends Funeral For a Friend passing fans to their video to millions, to selling out shows in England at the O2, Mint, and The Cockpit, Sounds of Guns is an up-and-coming band with a lot of vigor and heart, making them a band to watch going forward. 

RIYL: The Midway State, All The Young, Glasvegas, Longview


"Antartica", the bands most popular song to date.

the bands new single, "sometimes"


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'd swear I've read about this band before but haven't checked them out. Sounds promising so far... :)

    ReplyDelete