Thursday 30 August 2012

Come of Age


What Did You Expect From The Vaccines arrived about a year and a half ago. And although it wasn't all that groundbreaking and innovative in the way of the Arctic Monkeys' or Franz Ferdinand's debuts, it was nevertheless a great fun ride from start to finish.

This time around though, the aim to entertain masses is replaced by musical ambition. The songs are far more sophisticated, both musically and lyrically. The Vaccines have slowed down significantly and settled down for more introspective themes. But that doesn't mean they've lost their natural ability to write extremely infectious tunes. And in the end, Come of Age comes off as the better album.



Most of all, I'm just glad to see that The Vaccines are no one hit wonder. They're obviously here to stay and if they don't lose their creative stride, then we have much to look forward to.

Best tracks: No Hope, Teenage Icon

2 comments:

  1. Hello! So sorry I have disappeared.

    I absolutely love this album. Dare I say I enjoy it more than their first album? I'm not sure yet. I'm actually listening to this album right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure either :D But it's very good indeed...

    ReplyDelete