Friday 26 October 2012

Conventional Weapons

Well, for any fan of My Chemical Romance it shouldn't come as a surprise, that after The Black Parade and before recording Danger Days, the band had made and subsequently scrapped a whole another album. Only a few songs from that album eventually made their way on Danger Days, while the rest stayed locked in the drawer. Fans, such as myself, have long been anxiously waiting to hear them one day. And that day has finally come...


The original letter from the band's guitarist, Frank Iero, describing the circumstances upon which the album was ditched can be read here. In the following five months, the band will release two songs each month and I honestly can't wait to hear the rest.

The two songs released so far are in the vein of My Chem's cover of Dylan's Desolation Row for the Watchmen soundtrack. It's pretty much straightforward rock'n'roll and I can't help but to enjoy it. As for this day, I just hope My Chem are far from over and keep releasing great albums. They never fail to blow me away.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear this. Sadly the link doesn't work anymore, but I'll get my hands on this. Most of the people I know have the wrong image of My Chemical Romance. What are your thoughts on their first album?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First album? Well, for me, they were "just another post-hardcore band" back then. Sure, they showed some talent on "Bullets", but the album was a little rushed and not all that convincing. Three Cheers, on the other hand, was a whole another story. They perfected their own style and personality and only have been getting better ever since. Bullets is my least favourite and I hardly ever listen to it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! The only song I really enjoy on that album is "Headfirst for Halos" and "Demolition Lovers." Each album is just getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like exactly those two as well :)

    ReplyDelete